FAVE TV SHOWS

  • 3RD ROCK
  • A BABY STORY
  • A TEAM
  • ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS
  • AMERICAN IDOL
  • ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK
  • ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER
  • ARMY WIVES
  • BABES AND BUSTER BUNNY
  • BAYWATCH
  • BEVIS AND BUTTHEAD
  • BLOSSOM
  • BROTHERS AND SISTERS
  • CHEALSEA LATLEY
  • CHEERS
  • CLARRISA EXPLAINS IT ALL
  • CONAN OBRIAN
  • CRAIG FERGASON
  • CRIMINAL MINDS
  • CSI MIAMI
  • DAWSONS CREEK
  • DEAL OR NO DEAL
  • DESIGNING WOMEN
  • DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
  • ELLEN
  • ET NEWS
  • EVERYONE LOVES RAYMOND
  • FAMILY FUED
  • FAMILY GUY
  • FAMILY MATTERS
  • FRIENDS
  • FULL HOUSE
  • GHONMES
  • GHOST WISPERER
  • GHOST WRITER
  • GILMORE GIRLS
  • HEROS
  • HOME IMPROVEMENT
  • HOW ITS MADE
  • JERRY SPRINGER
  • JUDGE JUDY
  • KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIONS
  • KING OF QUEENS
  • LASSIE
  • LAW AND ORDER
  • LIFE UNEXPECTED
  • LOONEY TUNES
  • MAGIVOR
  • MARRIED WITH CHILDREN
  • MASH
  • MAURY
  • MELCOM IN THE MIDDLE
  • MURDER SHE WROTE
  • MY NAME IS EARL
  • MYTH BUSTERS
  • NANNY 911
  • NUMBERS
  • ONE TREE HILL
  • OPEAH
  • OZ
  • PARANORMAL STATE
  • PERRY MASON
  • PINKY AND THE BRAIN
  • PUNKY BRUSTER
  • REBA
  • REN AND STIMPY
  • ROBOT CHICKEN
  • ROSEANNE
  • ROSEWELL
  • SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH
  • SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE
  • SAVED BY BELL
  • SEVENTH HEAVEN
  • SMALLVILLE
  • STEP BY STEP
  • SUPERNATURAL
  • TALE SPIN
  • THE ANAMANIACS
  • THE BACHLOR/BACHLORETT
  • THE GANTLET
  • THE MENTALIST
  • THE OC
  • THE PEOPLES COURT
  • THE REAL WORLD
  • THE RUGRATS
  • THE SIMPSONS
  • THE SING OFF
  • THE UNIT
  • THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
  • THE WONDER YEARS
  • THE X FILES
  • THREES COMPANY
  • TOM AND JERRY
  • TRUE BLOOD
  • TRUE LIFE
  • TWO AND A HALF MEN
  • TYRA
  • UGLY BETTY
  • WEEDS
  • WENDY WILLIAMS

FAVE MOVIES

  • 10 THINGS i HATE ABOUT YOU
  • 13 GHOSTS
  • 16 CANDLES
  • 17 AGAIN
  • 2012
  • 28 DAYS LATER
  • 300
  • 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN
  • 50 FIRST DATES
  • 8 MILE
  • A FEW GOOD MEN
  • A PERFECT STRANGER
  • A PRINCESS BRIDE
  • A WALK IN THE CLOUDS
  • A WALK TO REMEMBER
  • ALADIN
  • ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
  • ALMIGHTY JOE
  • ALMOST FAMOUS
  • AMERICAN BEAUTY
  • AMERICAN HISTORY X
  • AMERICAN PIE
  • ANYWHERE BUT HERE
  • APOLLO 13
  • ARMEAGEDON
  • BACK DRAFT
  • BACK TO THE FUTURE
  • BAND OF BROTHERS
  • BATMAN RETURNS
  • BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
  • BED OF ROSES
  • BEER FEST
  • BIG
  • BIG DADDY
  • BILL AND TEDS EXCELLENT ADVENTURES
  • BILLY MADISON
  • BLACK BEAUTY
  • BLANK CHECK
  • BORNE IDENTITY
  • BOYS DONT CRY
  • BRAVE HEART
  • CABIN FEVOR
  • CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
  • CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
  • CHUCK AND LARRY
  • CITY OF ANGELS
  • CLICK
  • COLD CASE
  • COLD MOUTAIN
  • CRUSH
  • D2
  • DANCES WITH WOLVES
  • DAYS OF THUNDER
  • DEAD POETS SOCIETY
  • DEEP BLUE
  • DEVILS ADVOCATE
  • DEVILS PRADA
  • DIE HARD
  • DIRTY DANCING
  • DONT TELL MOM THE BABYSITTERS DEAD
  • DUPLEX
  • EARNST MOVIES
  • EMPIRE RECORDS
  • ENOUGH
  • ET
  • EVAN ALMIGHTY
  • EVER AFTER
  • FAR AND AWAY
  • FAT CAMP
  • FEAR
  • FIGHT CLUB
  • FLASH DANCE
  • FLY AWAY HOME
  • FORCES OF NATURE
  • FOREST GUMP
  • FRIED GREEN TOMATOS
  • FULL METAL JACKET
  • FUNNY PEOPLE
  • G.I JANE
  • GHOST
  • GOOD FELLAS
  • GOOD WILL HUNTING
  • GREASE
  • GRENINS
  • HAMLET
  • HAVANA NIGHTS
  • HOME ALONE
  • HOMEWARD BOUND
  • HOOK
  • HOPE FLOATS
  • HOUSE ARREST
  • HURT LOCKER
  • INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
  • JARASSIC PARK
  • JARHEAD
  • JESSE JAMES
  • LADDER 48
  • LADYBUGS
  • LEGANDS OF THE FALL
  • LIAR LIAR
  • LITTLE WOMEN
  • LORD OF THE RINGS
  • MARLY AND ME
  • MILLION DOLLAR BABY
  • MISFITS
  • MR. HOLLANDS OPUS
  • MRS. DOUBTFIRE
  • MULAN
  • MY BEST FRIENDS WEDDING
  • MY SISTERS KEEPER
  • MYSTIC PIZZA
  • NARNIA
  • NATIONAL TREASURE
  • NEW MOON
  • NOW AND THEN
  • OVER BOARD
  • PEARL HARBOR
  • PELICAN BRIEF
  • PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN
  • PLEASENTVILLE
  • PRATICAL MAGIC
  • PREMONITON
  • PRETTY WOMAN
  • PRINCE HENRY
  • PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS
  • QUEEN OF THE DAMNED
  • REMEMBER THE TITANS
  • RISKY BUISNESS
  • ROAD HOUSE
  • ROAD TRIP
  • ROBIN HOOD MEN IN TIGHTS
  • ROBINHOOD
  • ROLE MODELS
  • ROMEO AND JULIET
  • RUDOLF THE RED NOSE RAINDEER
  • RUNAWAY BRIDE
  • SAVE THE LAST DANCE
  • SAVING PRIVET RYAN
  • SCAR FACE
  • SCROUGE
  • SENSE AND SENSEABLITY
  • SET IT OFF
  • SEX AND THE CITY
  • SHRECK
  • SIGNS
  • SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
  • SPEED
  • ST.ELMOS FIRE
  • STAND BY ME
  • STEEL MAGNOLIAS
  • TEENAGE WITCH
  • TERMINAOR
  • THE ABYSS
  • THE BOONEDOCK SAINTS
  • THE BREAK UP
  • THE COVENANT
  • THE CRAFT
  • THE CROW
  • THE CURE
  • THE DARK KNIGHT
  • THE DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN
  • THE EXORSIST
  • THE GOONIES
  • THE GREEN MILE
  • THE HAUNTING
  • THE HAUNTING IN CONNETICUT
  • THE JUROR
  • THE KARATE KID
  • THE LION KING
  • THE LITTLE MERMAID
  • THE LOST BOYS'
  • THE MASK
  • THE MIGHTY DUCKS
  • THE MIST
  • THE NOTEBOOK
  • THE OUTSIDERS
  • THE PATRIOT
  • THE PERFECT STORM
  • THE SANDLOT
  • THE SANTA CLAUSE
  • THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS
  • THE SLUM DOG MILLIONARE
  • THE SOUND OF MUSIC
  • THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY
  • THE THREE MUSKETEERS
  • THE UGLY TRUTH
  • THE WEDDING CRASHERS
  • THE YA YA SISTERS
  • THELMA AND LOUSIE
  • THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY
  • TITANIC
  • TOMBSTONE
  • TOMMY BOY
  • TOP GUN
  • TRANSFORMERS
  • TROY
  • TRUE CRIMES
  • TURNER AND HOOCH
  • TWILIGHT
  • TWISTER
  • UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN
  • UNFAITHFUL
  • WAITING
  • WATER BOY
  • WAYNES WORLD
  • WEEKEND AT BERNIES
  • WHAT LYES BENEATH
  • WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE
  • WHATS LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT
  • WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
  • WHO FRAMED RODGER RABBIT
  • WIZARD OF THE OZ
  • WORKING WOMAN

FAVE BOOKS

  • ANGELAS ASHES
  • ANNE RICE BOOKS-VAMPIRE ONES
  • BEND IN THE ROAD
  • DEAR JOHN
  • HATCHET
  • IN HER SHOES
  • LITTLE WOMEN
  • MACBETH
  • MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
  • NORAH ROBERTS-ALL HER BOOKS
  • ROMEO AND JULIET
  • THE NOTEBOOK
  • THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUTAIN
  • THE OUTSIDERS
  • THE WORKS OF EDGER ALLEN POE
  • THE WORKS OF ROBERT FROST
  • TWILIGHT SERIES

WHAT I DO....

  • BE FRIENDLY
  • BE SOCIAL
  • CLEAN
  • CLOUD GAZE
  • COOK
  • CRAFTS
  • CRY
  • DANCE
  • DAY DREAM
  • DECORATE
  • DRINK ON OCCASION
  • DRIVE
  • GIGGLE
  • GO PLACES WHERE I CAN ENJOY NATURE
  • GO TO SCHOOL
  • HANG WITH MY FRIENDS
  • LAUGH
  • LISTEN TO MUSIC
  • LISTEN TO PEOPLE
  • LOOK AT THE STARS
  • LOVE
  • MAKE THINGS
  • MIS-SPELL WORDS
  • OBSERVE DIFFRENT CULTURES
  • ORGANIZE THINGS
  • PLAY WITH MY CATS
  • READ
  • RESPECT OTHERS
  • SHOPPING
  • SING
  • SLEEP
  • SMOKE
  • SOW
  • SPEND TIME WITH MY SIBLINGS
  • SUPPORT PEOPLE I LOVE
  • TEACH CHILDREN
  • TELL JOKES
  • THINK
  • WATCH MOVIES
  • WORK
  • WRITE

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Reaching for your goals

Have you ever gotten into that frame of mind where your so determined that everything you do is structered around that goal and it almost becomes an obsession. Thats how I feel right now about swiching my major. I have been in the law field for awhile now, doing all the legal classes and it showed me a lot and it opened my eyes to the goals that I had thought were right for me, but the more I got into it the more I realized that I was selling myself short, that there was something else that I knew deep down that was right for me. I changed my major to crime scene investigations, forensics and profiling. I really loved criminal law and I became fascinated with the way evidence was discovered and how the system worked to bring justice. It showed me things that I wouldnt have known from just working in the legal field, although I still am parcial to the prosecution side, I realize it is only because that is who I would prefer to work for. I want to get out there and study the crime, investigate the case and catch the killers out there, not only to bring justice or give the deceased peace, but because I have that overwelming need to protect the rules, to put fear into the guilty and make it known that I will find you and I will find out what they did, how and why they did it and then I will watch as the law takes what I did and puts the guilty away. I feel that the only way I will feel forfilled in my job is if I can make a diffrence, if maybe I can give answers to questions that may have gone unanswered if I didnt doo my job. I feel for the victims, its not that I set myself apart from them, its actually the opposite, I learn to know all I can about the person, I try to put myself in their shoes, understand how they think, or felt about the people around them. I try to see them through a looking glass and I put the peices together, after the case is over its not like I forget, I grieve for them, but a part of me knows that I did all that I could and in some way, gave peace or showed that not all people are dark and hurtful. I want to be able to support the constitution and the people that live around me. Im so driven in this quest that any other job seems unbearable. This is my calling and I have never been more ready to embrace what I was meant to do. It was hard going through life not quite sure where I fit or what I was going to do with my life. I thought for a long time that I was never going to figure things out, and as they sa one day I opened my eyes to something I never considered before and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I have found my passion. I think that for most people this happens and when it does life as you know it changes into things that you never knew possible. I hope that all of you out there know that there is something out there for you and that although at times you feel hopeless, it will happen for you, and when it does you will find a joy so pure and so satidfying that all that time you spent worring will be forgotten. And the light of happiness shines in your life. Dont be afraid to try something new or put yourself out there because you never know what its going to lead to. I thought I was on the right path but until I learned and saw diffrent things for myself than I never would have found my dream job. Reach for the stars and work for everything you have, and when it seems hopeless keep pushing, in the end it will all be worth it. I hope for the best for all of you, keep battling and one day the war will be won.

No comments:

Post a Comment