I know that every person comes to a point where adulthood hits them and they realize that life is more than half way over. I know that this can be a depressing thought. I admitt I have had a few dark days about it. But when I think about it, I know that I have a lot more ahead of me to do and I have learned a lot in my lifetime. I wouldnt want to go back to childhood even tho it would be nice to not have any responsiblities or bills or obligations, but where is the freedom to go and do as you please? When your a kid you dont have much of a say and you have no control over what you can and cant do without asking someone first. The thought of doing that again infurriates me, I dont know I managed to live through it the first time. Then there are all the changes in your body and school and all the problems that come with highschool...yuck! No thank you Im very glad to be out of that mess. Sometimes I secretly wish that I could be an infant again, where all I did was sleep and eat and someone else did everything for me. And then I think about not being able to move or speak or to go to the damn bathroom in peace. So thats out. I wouldnt mind going back through my early twenties so I could change a few things but thats only because Im older now and I already made my mistakes. IF I didnt know then what I know now I dont know if I would have done things differently. I have had enough of struggles and heartache, so once again I think I will skip those years to. I know I have a few more years before I hit thirty, and trust me...Im not rushing it!! But the closer I get to it the more I hear about it. They say that your thirties are a lot calmer, that your more sure of yourself, and that things are a lot better. I sincerlly hope that is true because I cant not wait to be out of this hot mess. I bet I will probably have a small melt down when I do actually hit thirty but for the most part, im looking forward to what the new years will offer me. I believe that age is what you make of it. If you feel old and act old then you will be old. If you feel young and act young then I think that you will be a lot younger in mind, body and spirt. Age is only a number, if you concentrate too much on it, then you focus on all the wrong things and you miss out on what is right under your nose. So for all of you out there that have that mid-life crisis thing going on...take a deep breath and remember...every new year is a new start. Think of what you can do and what you have learned and dont focus so much on age itself. Free your mind of the ticking clock and live your life, because I think that we all know how short it really can be. Make what you have the best and in the end you will be satisfied.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment